Friday, March 19, 2010

Good News! The Insecto-Files has been nominated for the 2011 Hackmatack Awards


I was thrilled to receive the email from my publicist at Mapletree Press yesterday, telling me that The Insecto-Files has been shortlisted by the Atlantic provinces'  children's choice award program, The Hackmatack.


Mother Goose Unplucked was shortlisted two years ago, and this year, my friend Helene Boudreau's debut novel, Acadian Star is in the running. My fingers are crossed for her!

The Hackmatack award program is similar to other children's choice awards, in that kids from all across the participating provinces (Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI) read books from the shortlist and then vote on their favorites. It's a big deal for the kids, and just as big deal for the authors who are treated like stars when they visit schools and talk to "fans".

I'm honored to be part of next year's Hackmatack program, and hope I get invited to tour during the spring awards ceremony! I visited Atlantic Canada once before, when I toured schools and libraries with the Frye Festival's Kidfest. It was a wonderful experience, and it would be truly a delight to hang with Atlantic kids again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because: Science!