Thursday, May 31, 2012

Will YOU Survive?

I certainly didn't feel like I'd survive my teen years. Mine were fraught: with anxiety, insecurity, doubt. I knew I had potential, but somehow it just seemed like I had to wait, and wait, and wait, until I could DO something. Like have a life.

That was the inspiration for How to Survive Absolutely Anything, my contemporary YA novel from Fitzhenry and Whiteside. I knew that I wasn't the only person who ever felt that way. But now, having survived the angsty times and reached the wise old age of ahem, I knew a little bit about how to deal.

So I created Bonnie and Jen, and their kooky 'Agony Aunt'-style blog for other teens.

Here's a snippet from the book:

"• Ok so if you’ve clicked on this blog you probably want to know how to survive something terrible.


• And if you are in middle school or junior high, guaranteed, something terrible has happened to you.

Is happening to you right now.

Or is about to happen to you.

• How do we know?

• Because we’ve been there. Definitely been there."

Naturally, Bonnie and Jen's plan to help other kids goes pear-shaped. Will they both survive their very-different, but very real challenges?

I hope you'll pick up the book as soon as it hits store shelves  - any minute now! And please let me know what you think of the new cover!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Because: Science!