Monday, June 7, 2010

Open letter to the National Post update

FREEDOM FIGHTERS WEAR BUNS!!!

Last week I sent a letter to Lorne Gunter, columnist for the National Post, on the subject of school librarians.

Today, a shortened version of the letter was printed on the Letters page. Amusingly, the print edition featured a giant pic of a school librarian, complete with middle aged hair and reading glasses. Not quite the look of the young, hip, tattooed and pierced librarians I know (ok, not all the librarians I know are pierced but they are still freedom fighters!).

But hey, I'm not complaining. Perhaps with this wee bit of attention, we can spark some wider support for school libraries across our fair land.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks from one tatooed and pierced (ok I had to take it out when I was 4 mths pregnant with my 1st son 8 yrs ago) Library Technician freedom fighter : )

    ReplyDelete

Because: Science!